The exileinparadise.com web site is owned and operated by Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey for my sole amusement.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Don't do anything stupid that annoys me or others.
- Follow the golden rule and we'll all get along.
- If you don't, I may start deleting stuff without warning, but nothing guarantees I will.
- I don't, and can't, provide you “privacy.”
- If you want information kept private, keep it in your own brain. It's not a secret anymore if you tell me.
- Don't ever type it into your computer, or mine.
- Any data you put into a computer (yours, mine, anyone's) should automatically be considered public information.
- Once information is entered (and stored) in a computer, a virus, trojan, hacker, corporation, or government can get it and make it public without your knowledge or prior consent.
- On the Internet, you are sending clearly readable information around the world over open links between numerous computers.
- People may be sniffing the traffic anywhere between your computer and mine.
- Your browser tells every website you visit (including mine) tons of information about you and your computer. Don't believe me? See for yourself at Browserspy
- Your ISP routinely sells lists of the sites you visit (called clickstream data) to third-parties without your knowledge.
- Many websites you go to secretly report your visit to their pages to google through google-analytics or adsense.
- Corporations and major governments are secretly and openly spying on all Internet traffic.
- You don't have any privacy on any computer or the Internet, so don't expect any here.
- exileinparadise.com Copyright © 2004-2014 Robert “Exile In Paradise” Murphey.
- Original authors retain ownership and copyright over any content they contribute to this site.
Contact me if you wish to participate in or re-use any of the content on this site.